pizza

What better way to finish the week than with a nice, fresh homemade pizza.
we love sitting in front of the tv after a long and busy week with comfort food that doesn't require too many dishes to clean and doesn't break the bank. this easy pizza  recipe only requires a few ingredients and besides the rising time, it is very quick to prepare.
let's get started, shall we?
 in the dough, I like to add a little bit of oregano. It flavours the whole dough and I find the specks of oregano that poke through look quite nice.  the added sugar is what feeds your yeast so don't leave it out if you want a beautifully leavened dough. For the sauce, you can totally buy a can of premade pizza sauce or you can take an extra 5 minutes and whip up a batch of my favourite pizza sauce recipe.
 ingredients for pizza sauce:
  • 1 cup tomato sauce
  • 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
mix everything together and spread on the pizza dough.
 for the toppings, I love putting bacon, crumbled italian sausages, pepperoni and a bunch of cheese. of course, you can put anything you want on your pizza. your pizza is your pizza and I won't judge you if you decide to put pineapple on it. Actually, I might judge you a little but I'll keep it to myself ;)
 Do you add your pepperoni or your cheese first ? tell me in the comments, I would love to know. I'm a pepperoni first kind of girl. and afterwards I top it off with as much cheese as I can. I mean can there ever be too much cheese on a pizza ??? Anyways,  here's the dough recipe.

ingredients

  • 5 cups flour
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 package (2-1/4 teaspoons) active dry yeast
  • 1 tablespoon oregano
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1-1/2 cups flour

instructions

  • mix together the dry ingredients.
  •  Add-in the olive oil. gradually add-in one cup of warm water.
  •  Knead. for 10 minutes. Add an extra 1/2 cup of water one tablespoon at a time if necessary. 
  • once dough is slightly sticky and elastic place in an oiled bowl and let rise in a warm place for an hour or until doubled in size. 
  • punch the risen dough and let it rest for 15 minutes. 
  • preheat the oven to 375f. 
  •  stretch dough to your preferred thickness, lather the top with olive oil and precook for 10 minutes.
  • add the sauce and all the toppings. cook for an extra 10 minutes.
  • enjoy
ps: try to mix 1 tablespoon olive oil with 1 teaspoon garlic powder and spreading it on the crust. It makes for delicious "garlic bread". Believe me, after you've tried this, you won't be that person who wastes their pizza crusts anymore.

Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés